Members of this committee should be reminded of their duty by the President each spring and given a list of offices to be filled. The Executive Director should give the chairperson a list of paid members, on request.
- Nominees for NLA officers are to be selected by May 1. The committee nominates two people for each office to be filled, having their consent to accept this position. When considering potential nominees, the committee should give careful consideration to equitable geographic representation as well as diversity in sectional representation. The Board is to be notified at the summer meeting and nominees are to be listed in the summer issue of NLAQ (deadline April 30). Pictures and biographical information are to be supplied to the NLAQ Editor.
- The chair of the NLA Nominating Committee is to contact all section chairs and get their nominees by May 1. All of this information is to be forwarded to the Executive Director and the NLAQ Editor for inclusion in the summer issue.
- The committee chair will prepare all ballots and complete the mailing process.
- Mailing procedures:
- Place mailing labels on envelopes, labels to be computer- supplied.
- Ballots should be color-coded, with separate ballots for each section.
- Mailing will include the ballots and a return envelope with the address of the Chairperson of the Nominating Committee.
- All mailing is to be done in August from Lincoln or Omaha using the bulk rate, and returned no later than September 15.
- After September 20, the chair of the Nominating Committee will notify the section chairs of the outcome by forwarding the ballots to them.
- After September 20, the chair of the Nominating Committee will notify each NLA nominee of the outcome of the election and will also notify the current President, Vice-President and Executive Director of the election results.
- The Chair of the Nominating Committee will give an election report at the Annual Convention.