Meeting Minutes – January 5, 2012
NMRT Meeting Minutes
January 5, 2011
University of Nebraska, Love Library, Room 318C
Present: Sarah Haack, Michael Straatmann, Karin Dalziel, Ted Naylor, Bethany Grabow, Holli Beckmann, Aimee Owen, Anna Wilcoxon
Call to order: Sarah Haack
- Sarah put out a request for volunteers to serve on different NLA committees. She had a few volunteers and has submitted the list to the committee chairs.
- Sarah attended the NLA Board meeting on November 18.
- Sarah wrote an article about NMRT for the NEMO newsletter. She will post it on the NMRT website.
- Ted will write the NMRT annual report.
- Bethany handed out the 4th quarter and end-of-year financial report. Our current bank balance is $343.78.
- Bethany reported that once we vote to change our bylaws, we will close our bank account and hand the money over to the NLA treasurer. Bills should then be sent to the NLA PO Box.
- Karin demonstrated how to add things to the NMRT website.
- We must have a quorum to change our bylaws. Therefore, voting will be done electronically. Sarah will send out an email and a poll to NMRT members through MemberClicks.
- NMRT members visited the library classes at UNO and raffled off a free NLA membership. We agreed to do this again in the spring. Sarah will talk to Dr. Pasco about possible dates.
- We agreed to start the mentoring program again. We will send out an email to NMRT members, NLA members, and library students asking who wants to be mentored. We will then match them with mentors.
- Anna will send out an email and post on the NMRT website an advertisement about the Q&A program.
- Member engagement ideas:
- Programs at NLA annual conference
- Social hour at coffee shop, bar, etc. Have them in different locations in Nebraska to bring in new people.
- Tour different libraries in Nebraska
- Profile NMRT members on our website
- Poll our members to see what they are interested in doing. Bethany will make a survey using Google Forms to send to NMRT members.
- Spring meeting- tour of Houchen Bindery. We need to choose a date in April.