Annual Report 2011
Annual Report 2010-11
New Members Round Table
Nebraska Library Association
Chair: Ted Naylor
Vice Chair/Chair Elect: Sarah Haack
Secretary/Treasurer: Bethany Grabow
Past Chair: Emily Nimsakont
2010-11 was a productive year for the NMRT:
- With the suggestion and cooperation of the NLA Executive Director, new NLA members will receive a free membership to NMRT for one year. NMRT will now annually receive a $250 stipend from NLA in addition to the $5 membership fees for each continuing NMRT member.
- A personal letter of welcome was sent to each NMRT member. Current NMRT membership is 128 members
- NMRT members created the “Q&A” feature for library students and new librarians in Nebraska. Eight public librarians and four academic librarians agreed to answer questions submitted about the library profession. The web site address: http://nebraskalibraries.org/NMRT/category/q-a/
- NMRT members created a PowerPoint presentation about the NMRT for library students at Kearney. The Kearney instructor posted the presentation on Blackboard for student access.
- At the Spring meeting, the NMRT offered a tour of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Long Distance Retrieval Facility on the University East Campus.
- At the NLA annual conference the NMRT sponsored the following programs:
- Speed networking breakfast
- Resume review service
- New graduate Q&A
- Poster Session open to students and librarians
- “Find it on the Web” by Bethany Grabow.
- The NMRT again presented two awards sponsored by the Houchen Bindery. The Beginning Professional of the Year was awarded to Jake Rundle, Collections Librarian at the Hastings Public Library. The Mentor of the Year was awarded to Rita Horst, a Reference Librarian at the Kearney Public Library. The web site address: http://nebraskalibraries.org/NMRT/awards/
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the NMRT officers and members who attended the meetings and whose hard work made this year a success. It was a pleasure to serve with this fine group of librarians.
Chair: Sarah Haack
Vice Chair/Chair Elect: Bethany Grabow
Secretary: Holli Beckmann
Past Chair: Ted Naylor
Report by Ted Naylor