Meeting Minutes- September 15, 2011
September 15, 2011
University of Nebraska, Love Library, room 318C
Present: Bethany Grabow, Karin Dalziel, Emily Nimsakont, Lindsey Bray, Anna Wilcoxon, Sarah Haack, Aimee Owen, Guest: Christy Liddy
Absent: Judith Wolfe, Ted Naylor
Call to Order: Sarah Haack
- Board meeting- September 16, 2011
- Our current bank balance is $458.01
- No new business
- NLA Annual Conference notes:
o Speed Networking Breakfast
- Friday, Oct. 7 from 8:00-8:50 a.m.
-Lindsey and Bethany will order food. (Plan on 5-20 people to attend.)
-Lindsey and Bethany will lead this event. Icebreaker used last year was to introduce yourself and say three interesting things about yourself.
o Resume Review
-Thursday, Oct. 6 from 4:30-5:20 p.m.
-Deadline extended to September 21; Bethany sending reminder emails. Will email Dr. Pasco’s graduate assistant, Karen Pietsch, to send out to students.
o Poster Session
-Friday, Oct. 7 from 10:00-10:50 a.m.
-Emily will send out one more reminder to NLA listserv. Bethany will email Karen Pietsch to send out a reminder to students.
-Bethany will buy a $25 gift card to Barnes and Noble for a drawing for all who participate.
-Sarah will lead this event.
o New Graduate Q&A
-Thursday, Oct. 6 from 3:30-4:20 p.m.
-Anna, Lindsey, and Bethany will be on the panel. Sarah will be the moderator.
o Business Meeting
-Friday, Oct. 7 from 9:00-9:50 a.m.
-Houchen Awards presented during this meeting.
-New officers will be inducted at this meeting.
-Will vote on by-law changes and discuss change in treasurer.
o NMRT Booth
-Will display name tag ribbons, banner, pamphlets, and candy. Bethany will buy one bag of chocolate for the booth.
- NLA elections are over. Sarah will email out election results after the board meeting tomorrow.
- Choose winner of Houchen Awards. Jake Rundle is the winner of the beginning professional award. Rita Horst is the winner of the mentor award. Lindsey will notify winners.
Next meeting: Friday, October 7 at 9:00 a.m. (at NLA annual conference)