Meeting Minutes – March 23, 2011
March 23, 2011
Love Library, Lincoln, NE
Present: Sarah Haack, Bethany Grabow, Ted Naylor, Judith Wolfe, Karin Dalziel, Lindsey Bray, Emily Nimsakont, Anna Wilcoxon
Call to Order: Ted Naylor
- Ted attending the NLA board meeting. They are looking for funds for the Louisa Nixon scholarship, specifically from sections having Spring Meetings.
- No money has come in or gone out. Our current balance is $208.01.
- No changes to the website to report
- Resource list of librarian expertise- no one at the NLA Board meeting was particularly enthusiastic. We will attempt to revive the job shadowing done last year. Lindsey will work on a questionnaire to send to library science students asking about their preferences for a job shadow experience.
- PowerPoint for library students at Kearney is finished. Bethany will send the link to Sarah to pass along to the teacher. The teacher will post on Blackboards for the students to view. Bethany will embed PowerPoint onto NMRT website as well.
- NMRT representative on the NLA Membership Committee- Ted is on, Bethany volunteered as well.
- Personalized letter to new NMRT members- Done thanks to Sarah!
- ALA-NMRT- Ted is going to ALA in New Orleans, will attend some NMRT sessions to get a better idea of what they do.
- Grow the website- Q&A idea discussed last time. Everyone should think of questions to use as an example.
- Spring Meeting- We will have a tour of LDRF (Library Depository Retrieval Facility) on East Campus. We will have a business meeting first, then do the tour. All NMRT members will be invited to take the tour. Possible dates: April 25-28 or May 2-6. Let Ted know ASAP which date will work best for you.
- Increase member engagement- Ted will ask for suggestions at NLA Board meeting
- Proposals for NLA Annual conference- deadline April 15
- Speed Networking- Judith proposed having a breakfast
- New graduates speak about experiences out of library school- this may become more of a discussion about library school. Lindsey, Sarah, and Bethany have volunteered.
- Poster session- pay for one person’s conference registration
- Resume review
- Judith will ask for additional program proposals through MemberClicks
- Awards Coordinator is Lindsey. She and Ted will discuss awards to be handed out at NLA Annual.
- Nominations Committee is Sarah. She will look into rounding up candidates for 2012 NMRT officers. Election process usually begins in late May.
Next meeting: Spring Meeting (date TBA)