NMRT Meeting Minutes
Annual Business Meeting
October 10, 2014
Marina Inn Conference Center, South Sioux City, NE
Call to Order: Matt Kovar, 2:30 p.m.
- Michael Straatmann (Love Library at UNL) was presented with the Houchen Bindery Mentor of the Year award.
- Cherese McKnight (Omaha Public Library) was presented with the Houchen Bindery Beginning Professional of the Year award.
- Matt Kovar thanked this year’s awards coordinator, Dana Schipporeit, for her efforts and Houchen Bindery for their continued supposed of our awards.
Outgoing Chair Report (Matt):
- Matt thanked outgoing officers Holli Duggan and Aimee Owen. He also thanked webmaster Jennifer Lockwood for her work on the website migration.
Secretary Report (Aimee):
- Past minutes on the NMRT website.
- New Officers: Anneka Ramirez–Vice Chair, and Terri Rickel– Secretary.
- Matt passed the gavel on to Holli, our new Chair.
- Incoming Chair (Holli) asked for suggestions for future meetings.
- Jennifer Lockwood announced the First-Time Attendees raffle winners.
- Jennifer will run the FTA table next year and wants NMRT to take over this function.
- If you want to help, contact Jennifer.
- Michael Straatmann called on everyone to work to make NLA more welcoming and improve outreach. NMRT has a special role in this, because our members have fresh perspectives.
Meeting Adjourned, 2:45 p.m.