NMRT Meeting Minutes
September 19, 2014
Ingredient, Omaha, NE
Present: Holli Duggan, Matt Kovar, Jennifer Lockwood, Aimee Owen, Terri Rickel, Dana Schipporeit
Call to Order: Matt Kovar, 12:15 p.m.
Beginning Professional and Mentor of the Year Awards:
- We had one nominee for our Beginning Profession of the Year award, Cherese McKnight. Cherese is the Children’s Librarian at the Omaha Public Library’s Abrahams Branch.
- There were two nominees for the Mentor of the Year award: Michael Straattmann (UNL Love Library) and Robin Clark (Sump Memorial Library in Papillion). After debate and a vote, Michael Straattmann was selected as the winner.
- Matt will order the awards from Awards Unlimited in Lincoln, and Aimee will pick up.
- The awards will be presented at the Fall Conference during the NMRT Business Meeting.
- Our Networking Breakfast is scheduled on Friday before the day’s session begin, at 7:00 a.m.
- We will not have an exhibitor’s booth this year.
- Our business meeting is on Friday at 2:30. Matt will hand over his gavel to Holli and we will present our awards.
Meeting Adjourned, 1:20 p.m.
Submitted by Aimee Owen