Article I – Name
The name of this organizations shall be Information Technology and Access Round Table. (ITART)
Article II – Affiliation
This organization shall be a Round Table of the Nebraska Library Association (NLA). All elections and bylaws and policies adopted by ITART shall be in accordance with the bylaws and policies in force for NLA. ITART shall hold meetings, sponsor programs and provide representatives to NLA committees as needed.
Article III – Mission
The Information Technology and Access Round Table (ITART) serves to foster awareness, knowledge, and a spirit of cooperation regarding the development of, and access to, electronic resources and information technology in libraries throughout Nebraska. It aims to promote communication, and the exchange of expertise among experienced and novice users of information technology, and to provide a forum for discussion and problem-solving among all those working to integrate electronic information access into the practice of librarianship.
Article IV – Membership
Section 1. Membership
Membership is open to any member in good standing of NLA.
Section 2. Dues
Membership dues shall be set by vote of the Round Table membership. Payment of ITART dues shall constitute membership in ITART.
Section 3. Membership Year
Membership shall correspond with the NLA fiscal year, and shall be subject to renewal on an annual basis. Membership commences upon payment of dues. Dues paid at NLA Annual Conference shall be for the following fiscal year.
Section 4. Voting Rights
Any member in good standing of the Round Table shall be entitled to one vote on each matter submitted to a vote of the members.
Article V – Meetings
Section 1. Annual Meeting
The Annual meeting of this Round Table shall be held during the annual conference of NLA.
Section 2. Special Meetings
Special meetings may be called by the Chair. Special meetings must be announced to all members of the Round Table no later than two weeks prior to the scheduled meeting date. Matters to be considered on the agenda at a special meeting must be included with the meeting announcement.
Section 3. Quorum
A quorum for any regular or special meeting of the Round Table, convened in accordance with requirements of the Bylaws, shall consist of no fewer than 10% of the current membership.
Article VI – Officers and Duties
Section 1. Number and Terms of Office
Each officer will begin their term at the conclusion of the business meeting at the annual conference following their election. Each officer shall hold office until a successor is elected and has assumed the office. The officers of the Round Table and their terms of office shall be:
Chair – One year and then succeeding to the office of Past Chair.
Vice Chair/Chair Elect – One year and then succeeding to the office of Chair.
Past-Chair – One year, from the end of the term as Chair through the following year.
Secretary –Two years. The Secretary shall be elected in odd-numbered years.
Section 2. Reimbursement for Expenses
No member in his/her role as a member of the organization shall receive a salary, wage or fee for personal services relating to activities of the Round Table. The Board may authorize reimbursement for actual expenses incurred as a result of work performed.
Section 3. Chair-Duties
- Calls and presides at all meetings of the Round Table and of its Executive Board.
- With the advice and consent of the Executive Board, estables any standing or special committees, including program planning committees.
- Serves as an ex-officio member of all Round Table committees.
- Serves as chair of all program planning committees, or appoints, with the advice and conset of the Executive Board, another to toserve in his or her stead.
- Represents the Round Table in official capacities.
Section 4. Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect – Duties
- Presides at meetings in the absence of the Chair.
- Assumes the office of Chair at the end of the Chair’s term of office, or upon the resignation, death, or permanent incapacitation of the Chair.
- Serves as a member of all program planning committees.
- Assumes other duties and responsibilities at the direction of the Chair or the Executive Board.
Section 5. Secretary – Duties
- Records minutes of all meetings of the Executive Board and Membership meetings of the Round Table.
- Maintains and preserves a written record of all Round Tables activities, including programs sponsored, committee reports, and financial transactions.
- Monitors the funds of the Round Table in conjunction with the NLA Treasurer.
- Reports the financial transactions of the year at the Annual Meeting.
Section 6. Past Chair – Duties
- Shall advise the Chair as requested.
- Shall serve as the Nominations Coordinator. In this capacity the Past Chair will secure a slate of individuals to run for ITART offices in accordance with NLA rules and procedures
Article VII – Executive Board
Section 1. Membership
The Chair, Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect, Secretary, and Past Chair shall constitute the Executive Board of the Round Table. The ITART web master shall be an ex-officio member of the Executive Board.
Section 2. Duties
The Executive Board is responsible for:
- Establishing policies of the Round Table and directs its activities.
- Providing advice to the Chair on all committees established and committee or liaison appointments made.
- Cooperating with the NLA board in all matters of mutual concern.
- Appoints an ITART web master.
- Filling vacancies on the Executive Board by a majority vote of remaining members.
- Serving, at the Chair’s discretion, as the program planning committee for the Annual Convention, or other functions sponsored by the Round Table.
Section 3. Meetings
- The Executive Board shall be called into session by the Chair, or at the request of any member of the Executive Board. Meeting time and place shall be set in consultation with members of the Executive Board, and announced no later than two weeks prior to the meeting.
- At least one regular meeting of the Executive Board shall be held each calendar year.
- A minimum of three board members shall be required to constitute a quorum at any meeting of the Executive Board.
Article VIII – Amendment of the Bylaws
- Amendments to these bylaws may be introduced at any meetings of the Round Table at which there is a quorum present. In the intervals between meetings, proposed amendments may be submitted to the Executive Board who may authorize introduction of the proposed amendment(s) to the membership.
- Amendments introduced to the membership in accordance with these bylaws shall be voted on by secret ballot at the next regular or special meeting of the Round Table at which a quorum is present.