Cross-posted from the NLC Blog:
It’s time to start learning! The Nebraska Learns 2.0 program starts today. The program is made up of 23 short online lessons called Things. The Things are designed to encourage staff to learn more about emerging technologies on the web that are changing the way people, society and libraries access information and communicate with each other.
In addition to learning new Things everyone who completes all 23 Things by January 30, 2009 will have a chance to win one of nine 8GB Creative Zen MP3 Players. These prizes have been made available through generous donations from ITART, NEMA, and NLA. Also everyone who completes the program before the deadline will receive 15 CE credits. More information about prize eligibility and CE credit can be found on the Nebraska Learns 2.0 website.
Here are a few things you may be wondering about.
- You do not need to register. However, to be eligible for prizes and CE credits you do need to blog your progress. Instructions on how to do this will be included in Thing #3 and Thing #4.
- There is no cost to participate.
- ALL Nebraska librarians, library staff, library friends, library board members and school media specialists can participate. (Other folks are welcome to follow along; however, we will not be offering any official technical support nor will you be eligible for the prize drawings or CE credit.)
- This is a self-directed learning program. No in-person classes will be offered.
- Have more questions? Check out the FAQ on the Nebraska Learns 2.0 website.
To start learning go to the Nebraska Learns 2.0 website: http://l2ne.blogspot.com/2008/09/thing-1-discovery.html