Registration Open for the ITART Spring Meeting Online

Registration is now open for “Tech Topics in a Flash”, the ITART Spring Meeting Online, to be held on Thursday, May 22 from 10am-2pm CT.

Our 2014 Spring Meeting will be broadcast completely online. This live webinar format is designed to allow participants to “attend” the meeting conveniently from their own desks. All you need is a computer and an internet connection! You can get together with colleagues or watch on your own.

Check out our Spring Meeting webpage for the preliminary agenda and list of session topics.

Call for Presentations Extended

We are looking for a few more presentations to round out our agenda, so the Call for Presenters has been extended to April 30.

We’re looking for presenters to give short, tech-themed talks – 10-20 minutes would be ideal. Presenters will join us remotely on May 22, from 10am to 2pm to share their expertise with online attendees.

We’d love to have YOU as a presenter. Here are some ideas for topics:

  • effective technology training methods for staff and customers
  • work-arounds and shortcuts for popular software and gadgets
  • tips and tricks for optimizing hardware and software usage
  • tools and methods you are using to solve a tech problem in your library

Please consider being a presenter at our first-ever ITART Spring Meeting Online. If you are interested, contact Lisa Voss at l.voss@lincolnlibraries.org with a short synopsis and working title. We hope to hear lots ideas that make accessing information and technology easier!

ITART Spring Meeting Online-Call for Presenters

UPDATE! The date for the meeting has been moved to May 22. The deadline to submit session proposals remains April 15.

ITART needs you! On Thursday, April 24 May 22, we will host the “ITART Spring Meeting Online”, our first-ever online conference. Our theme is “Tech Topics in a Flash”, and we are calling for presenters.

We’re looking for presenters to give short, tech-themed talks – 10-20 minutes would be ideal. We’ll have presenters join us remotely on April 24 May 22, from 10am to 2pm to share their expertise with online attendees.

We’d love to have YOU as a presenter. Here are some ideas for topics:

  • effective technology training methods for staff and customers
  • work-arounds and shortcuts for popular software and gadgets
  • tips and tricks for optimizing hardware and software usage
  • tools and methods you are using to solve a tech problem in your library

Please consider being a presenter at our first-ever ITART Spring Meeting Online. If you are interested, contact Lisa Voss at l.voss@lincolnlibraries.org with a short synopsis and working title. Our deadline is April 15, and we hope to hear lots ideas that make accessing information and technology easier.

ITART @ Annual Conference

ITART is sponsoring the following sessions:

Thursday, October 10 – 8:00 to 8:50 – Keynote Room
Tinkers, Printers & Makers, a Marketplace in the Library (Hour One) with Marcia Dority Baker, Michael Sauers and Gordon Wyant

Thursday, October 10 – 9:00 to 9:50 – Keynote Room
Tinkers, Printers & Makers, a Marketplace in the Library (Hour One) with Marcia Dority Baker, Michael Sauers and Gordon Wyant

Thursday, October 10 – 11:00 to 11:50 – Room D7
20 Cool Tools for You and Your Library with Christa Burns

Thursday, October 10 – 4:00 to 4:50 – Room R7
Engaging IT with Michael Sauers, Amy Mathers and Andrew Sherman

Friday, October 11 – 10:00 to 10:50 – Room D7
Advancing Library Communication through Lync and Adobe Connect with Terri Rickel

ITART Business Meeting – Information Coming Soon.

Be sure to stop at the ITART booth to talk Apps and charge your electronics.

ITART Invites You to Think Geek and Win!

Come join NLA’s favorite Geeks and you might win a gift card to Think Geek, the technology-lover’s favorite shopping spot. ITART members focus on how technology, and the access to it, can enrich, elevate and, yes, exasperate library staff and users. We’re looking for new voices, new energy and new ideas. With your membership, you will help us take the tech conversation to the next level and into the future via blog http://nebraskalibraries.org/ITART/, Facebook https://www.facebook.com/NLAITART, and Twitter (coming soon!) 

Existing ITART members will also be eligible for the drawing. For new or renewing members, send your $5 membership dues to NLA Executive Director Michael Straatmann, PO Box 21756. Lincoln, NE 68542-1756 and include a note that you want to add ITART to your membership. Questions about payment can be sent to nlaexecutivedirector@gmail.com.

We’ll announce the winner on our Facebook page during the first week of July, so be sure to check us out. Of course, we’ll notify the winner individually, too. Deadline for entry is June 30, 2013.

So good luck, and remember when you Think Geek with ITART, you’re always a winner.

ITART Fall Meeting Minutes

ITART Fall Meeting Minutes
MPLA/NLA/NSLA Tri-Conference
La Vista, NE
October 18, 2012

In attendance: Amy Mather, Christa Burns, Karin Dalziel, Becky Wymer, Andrew Sherman, Scott Childers, Angela Kroeger, Dana Boden.

1. Announcements – none

2. Approval of minutes of Spring 2012 Meeting. Dana – 4b – “number generator app”. Becky – 5a – typo – duplicate ‘fall”. Scott Childers – move to accept. Andrew Sherman seconded. Approved.

3. Treasurer report – Christa Burns shared the Treasurer’s report. Current balance is $2112.37. Not reflected on the report yet – Raffle – $25 Amazon gift card and about $45 conference expenses for candy sharing with TSRT.

4. Old Business

a. ITART logo – good time to get new logo since NLA site is changing. Previously, someone submitted a logo to Karin Dalziel, she brought it to the board, assumed they would just approve or deny. But board wanted change (color). Karin didn’t feel comfortable changing someone else’s work. Karin suggested maybe doing a contest, ask for submissions to coincide with new web page. Scott – will NLA have any restrictions/rules for new site? Don’t think so, but not sure. Maybe wait until NLA is done to figure it out. Amy – putting it out for a call would be fun. Becky – sounds like we need more feedback on web transition. But would want something by Spring meeting. Put call out in February – by then we should be able to define the parameters. Karin – do we want to limit to a color? Karin – will contact Kelly to let him know what’s happening, encourage him to submit again.

b. ITART blog – Amy needs to work on annual report for this past year. Rebecca Stavick had volunteered to keep it going, but told Michael Sauers she had gotten too busy. Karen and Amy – it can just be a repository for info, reports, minutes, presentations we do/sponsor.

c. Annual reports – Amy – They are up to date and on the website.

d. Facebook – Christa waiting to see how blogging would go, and needed a logo for the profile. Decided to use Facebook page to show how desperate we are for a new logo. Christa will set it up now, so it can be used when we do the contest for a new logo.

e. Handbook covering duties of chair and other officers – Clarifying ?? – 1st one – if ITART has any committees, like membership, etc. 2nd one – Karin will consult the NLA bylaws to clarify. Karin will post to blog when she has it all done – then will ask for any input. Will be helpful for anyone coming into the group to know what their duties are and when they normally do them.

f. ITART sponsoring/co-sponsoring 7 events at MPLA/NLA/NSLA – More than we’ve done in past years.

5. New Business

a. Welcome new Vice Chair, Lisa Voss.

b. Incoming Chair, Rebecca Wymer, Past Chair now Amy Mather – Amy will look for new people to run for open officer positions.

c. Handbook covering duties of chair and other officers.

d. Annual report – Amy will submit.

e. Policy on reimbursement for out-of-state presenters. Do we have one? Amy – it’s always nice to be reimbursed, especially for gas. Scott – wouldn’t many speakers ask at the start? – “if you want me to speak, it will cost this”. Karin – not sure if we need policy, but it should be discussed before we agree to bring someone in. Jennifer – we reimbursed registration, we should reimburse for mileage. Becky – we should look when proposals are submitted and decide if they are out of state if we can afford it, should consult with ITART executive committee to see what we can afford. Scott – in previous years, NLA asked sections if they were sponsoring the submitted programs. Becky – did not happen this year, vice chairs were not included in developing the NLA program, we were ‘presented’ with it. We were told by bringing in MPLA, it was just too hard. So should only be a problem this year. Karin – if an ITART member wants to bring someone in to present with them, should bring it to the board. Becky – C&U does a stipend. Becky – suggested $100 for stipend. New policy – Becky will work on the wording to be put on the website. Scott – moved that we pay Louise Alcorn a stipend of $100 for her participation in this conference. Karin seconded. Motion passed.

f. Spring Meeting – Becky has been speaking to both TSRT and C&U about co-sponsoring. Looking at the themes each group is developing, C&U will work better with ITART. Theme is still being developed, but they are looking at technology, viewpoints from other perspectives, other collaborations, faculty input, etc. C&U is May 10 – Bellevue Univ.

Amy officially passed invisible gavel on to Becky.

Adjourned.

Respectfully submitted by Christa Burns, Secretary.