Call for Proposals
2014 NLA/NSLA Conference: Motivate! Innovate! Integrate!
The Call for Proposals for the 2014 NLA/NSLA Annual Conference is now open, and deadlines are fast approaching. The deadline for preconference, workshop, and program proposals isWednesday, April 30 – just a month away!
The 2014 NLA/NSLA Annual Conference will be held at the Marina Conference Center in South Sioux City, Nebraska, October 8 - 10, 2014. The Nebraska Library Association and Nebraska School Librarians Association invite all library and information professionals to submit proposals.
The 2014 conference theme is “Libraries: Motivate! Innovate! Integrate! Seize the opportunity to share what you or your libraries are doing to bring your community together. What innovative programming/services do you provide? How do you motivate your staff, your trustees, your city, state and county leadership? What challenges does your school library or profession hold and what innovative resolutions have been successful? How do you integrate your library with the community, maybe even the country or the world? Almost all you do motivates, innovates or integrates your library with your library users and your profession. Share your story!
• Preconferences, Programs, and Workshops: May 10, 2014.
Preconference Presenters must be available:
• Wednesday, October 8, 2014
All other presenters must be available to present on either day of the conference:
• Thursday, October 9, 2014, and
Friday, October 10, 2014
- Leadership & Staff Development - Explore leadership, management, and organizational/career development issues, trends, and best practices.
- Children & Young Adults - Share exciting, practical, and theoretical ideas and information about serving children and young adults.
- Information Literacy & Teaching – Focus on instruction techniques, theory, information literacy, and classroom trends and topics.
- Services - Explore collection development topics, new trends in designing user spaces, and improving public services. Explore ideas and information about digital library issues, metadata standards, and hot new technology trends.
- Trustees, Library Outreach, Marketing and Advocacy - Teach others how to create partnerships, be aware of legislative issues, advocate for libraries, and utilize new marketing techniques and ideas. Discuss Trustee roles, responsibilities and
For more information, or to submit your proposal online, visit the NLA/NSLA Conference website at http://nla.lishost.org/